Maybe you’ve been to a few of the dancehalls in Texas like Gruene Hall and Luckenbach. But there are others and you NEED to experience them! And during the week of March 20 – 26, 2017, you can do just that with a VERY special tour!
The great state of Texas is filled with historic dance halls. In the late 1800s and into the early 1900s, dance halls flourished and at one time there were over 1,000 halls in Texas. Although there are now fewer than half remaining, there are more historic dance halls in the state of Texas than anywhere in the country. They represent authentic music, culture, and history.
Backed by Asleep at the Wheel and Ray Benson, the Texas Dance Hall Tour has set out to bring you the truest form of the dance hall experience there is. Spend an amazing week in beautiful weather touring dance halls throughout the Hill Country and further east into Schulenburg, La Grange and more.
With the Texas Dance Hall Tour, you’ll get to experience:
- Touring the dance halls and learning more about the history from members of the Texas Dance Hall Preservation
- Dance hall concerts featuring a range of notable Western Swing, Ameripolitan and Americana artists
- Dance lessons: Learn how to two-step across the historic floors of the halls
- Texas style dinners
- Various daytime activities
- All accommodations provided with a stress-free booking experience
- Shuttles provided to concerts and day-time activities
More info can be found here over the next couple of weeks and months!